Saturday, August 22, 2009

Daragon Part 1: Hello

Download Hello mp3 for free on uploading.com



August 18, 2009.
GD checked the time. It’s almost 11:30 now, people have slowly left an hour ago. Only YG, his fellow BBs, 2ne1 and SeungHo are left. He can see CL and SeungHo having a fun conversation at one corner while Bom and Minji are busy playing with his dog, Gaho. He surveyed the area. Where could Dara be? he thought. He felt a little burden in his shoulders when he sensed that Top hyung wasn’t there as well. Whatever Ji, u really should stop it, he told himself. Suddenly someone tapped his right shoulder from behind and he turned around to find Top hyung. Somehow it strangely lifted him up again.
Ey, bro, I need to use the toilet.”
“Sure, u didn’t need to ask. C’mon now.”
Top hurried off and GD surveyed the scene again. Everybody seemed preoccupied to notice him. Mnet staff are having a ball filming the YG family making some fun on Bom unnie’s talking and getting scolded by the trainer during the last episode and he snatched this opportunity to look for Dara. He found her at the balcony at the back of the apartment enjoying the fresh air. He smiled as he remembered the time Dara was caught by 2ne1tv cam sleeping at their apartment’s balcony. Of course he wouldn’t mind carrying her if that should happen tonight. God, anything to get her in my arms, he thought.
Will u stop thinking and just approach her? He tells himself, as he often does when faced with Dara. Unfortunately he’s not the kind of guy he wrote about in is song Hello. Not with Dara, anyway. With Dara he finds himself somewhat awkward, careful, afraid he’d make a wrong move. Fuck it, Ji, just be yourself. Like a mantra he repeated the words to himself. Just be yourself. You got game. C’mon.
***
Dara positioned her LG Cyon Lollipop phone to take another self cam to update her me2day. “Smile, pretty Dara,” she tells herself. She was about to press the button when she saw something move from behind her.
Omo!” She screamed.
Ji!!! What you doing sneaking up like that? GRrr!!! She shouted as she beat his right arm with her left fist.
“Ouch! Ey. Sorry." GD said while controlling himself not to laugh so loud. He didn’t want any of those staff to find them.
“Sup, selca queen? He asked.
Hmph,” Dara replied, scrunching her nose. “Actually, I was just about to update my fans and tell them you had a great party.”
“Really? With a photo of you face?” He teased him. That’s all he seems to be good at when it comes to Dara.
Aishh.. You think? Of course I took one earlier when nobody was looking. I love to document. You’ll see. But it’s supposed to be a surprise so I guess I’m no loner posting it.”
Aww, poor Dara fans.”
They both laugh.
Ey, have I congratulated u? Yeah, everybody was like saying it earlier. Actually I did too! But don’t know if u heard me.”
“No, I don’t think I did.” But of course he did.
“No? Well, a big congratulations from me. You’re really awesome.” Dara made small bows to him.
“Thanks. Really, its overwhelming…I am still lost for words…” Wait am I being serious? Snap, GD tells himself.
Ey, tHanks to u too! Hello is doing great. “
Yea, to be honest I was nervous about the people’s response. You have a great song and I really want to be able to contribute my best. I’m happy and relieved they love it."
God, I could just hug her, can i just hug her now please? GD pled with himself.
“Although,” Dara stopped his thoughts, “you got them quite curious who the girl you were talking about in your Butterfly song. Care to share?”
Ahm, no, not really.” He smiled.
“O c’mon. I won’t tell. Do u have a secret gf?” Dara asked smiling suspiciously on GD.
“I wish.”
“What?”
“Ah, nothing… I mean, as if we could hide any secret from the media. “
Ok, but you do have someone particular in mind when u wrote that, didn’t u? Oh c’mon do tell!! Promise, I won’t tell the girls. “
“Nah!”
“Oh! So you do have someone! Right right right? Ahhhgg!!!! Who who? Someone we know?”
Argh.. you are persistent.”
“Yes, and you owe me one. Remember? You said it yourself when u texted me after Hello was finalized.”
“So this is what I do in return for that favor? Sneaky!!! But too easy…are you sure?...hmmm... ok,” he leaned to her ear and whispered, “I can only tell you this, the first letter is Y.”
“Y? Huh? Hey not fair. You have to tell me the full name!”
GD laughed at the sight of Dara when she’s like this. She’s like a kid. Sometimes she’s tough. Sometimes she’s a full lady. But always she’s so beautiful. Snap out if it man! He reminded himself again.
“So what, spill it out.”
Haha!” he laughed. “If you want the full name you’ll have to collaborate two more times with me. Haha!”
“Aisssshhh…” Dara rolled her eyes. “Yea, collaborate, so ur fangirls will kill me.”
She laughed at her words but suddenly realized what she said.
“Sorry, I mean, it’s just that fans are up to making stories, you know…You don’t want your girl to have a wrong idea… not like she’d think of it just that u know…” She’s stammering now. “I mean… u know what I mean? Actually, just forget it.”
“You mean about the fans pairing us?”
“Yes… you noticed it too?”
“Yea, was browsing around YT earlier…”
“Yea… me too… its nothing really just that”
“Why, do you mind?” GD interrupted her.
“No…no… no… its nothing really…of course there's not a single sense of truth in it…"
Ouch. GD felt his heart twitch. Run GD. He could hear himself.
“…but the thing is," Dara continued, "I’m a huge G-Ri fan.”
And with that they broke into laughter.
***
August 19
GD was in bed at three. He couldn’t sleep yet. He thought about getting online and checking on feedbacks to his album. All this plagiarism issues, he must admit, are getting on his nerve. Why can’t they just give him a break? He felt self-pity for a moment but he focused on the support he has been getting from his family, YG and most of all the VIPs who donated 12 million won to a charity in his name as birthday present, and he told himself its gonna be ok. They can’t hold me down, he told himself.
He turned to Gaho who was lying on his Spongebob blanket, sleeping so peacefully.
Ey boy, we’re ok right? We got game. They just gonna go hating but deep inside they know they wanna be like us. But they can’t ever be like us bcoz we da leaders. Them just mere followers, cheerleaders. He was smiling now and broke into rapping his song The Leaders.
Too fast to live too young to die
Momjibeun jakjiman nae moksorineun gulliver
Naineun jeokjiman I badagui sullivan
Hanbeon doratdahamyeon warrior
My name is g g g g baby baby gd gd baby baby
You want fame
Playing stupid little game
You should check your girl's phone
Cuz my face on the frame
He stopped. Dara. He was thinking of her again. Who could be on her phone? He asked. Does she have a pic of her ex? God, GD, why are you torturing yourself? He asked himself. Why don’t u just ask her to be your girlfriend? Yeah, right, just forget TOP hyung and go ahead and confess everything to Dara. As if it was that easy. Why did TOP hyung have to see her first? Why did he have to support to Big Bang’s plan to get Top and Dara together? They been at it for three years now but since both are so shy and awkward to each other, there hasn’t been much development. Not even after they filmed the MV of Sorry. Top has talked about giving up but they had always encouraged him knowing his true feelings for Dara. He can never betray Top. He can never betray BB or anyone for that matter. But he can wish and he wishes for Dara to notice that he cares for her. That when he asks if she’s ok he doesn’t just ask like he asks everyone. That when he asks if she’s tired he actually meant to ask if there’s anyting he can do for her. Or that when he says “anyeong” when she leaves, he actually wants to say “please stay.”
***
“Dara unnie!” It was CL calling out for Dara.
“Yea?” Dara turned.
“We thought you were already sleeping? Are you? “ CL asked.
“ Yeah, I’m sleepy. Night girls.“ Actually, she has been tossing for an hour now. She can’t really explain what she felt since GD told her about the girl he wrote the song Butterfly for. Is she jealous? No, she tells herself. She can’t think of having a boyfriend right now. Things are going great for her. She feels lucky to be in 2NE1 and she’ll do everything to prove to those who doubt her abilities that she belongs in this group. She is a 2NE1 and she won’t ever bring YG down for choosing her. She has to get better and better until she can prove all the haters wrong. She can’t have anything distracting her from her goal, not even her love life. Especially her love life. She’s well too aware of Top’s feelings for her but her will to excel in her craft has shunned her heart from entertaining him.
But why did she feel a pinch in her heart when GD told her about Y.
Why? because your after all just a girl, Dara. She heard herself tell herself. Ur a just a girl, who falls for a guy when he asks u how your day went, who brings u sandwich when your close to collapsing from hunger- never mind that he brought everyone else too. You’re just a girl who falls when a guy saves u from eating hot chilis - Never mind the embarrassment.
Dara realized she’s not jealous. She’s hurt. She thought she was someone special to GD, with his concern and the teasing of In or Out. Apparently, now, he was just treating her like how he would treat every girl at YG. And he has always been such a tease. Y. Lucky girl. Whoever she is, she must be really really really special. She thought. Awww, Dara, there you go again. You're so foolish for misenterpreting his thoughtfulness for something more. Tears fell on her cheeks and into her heart-shaped pillow as she tightly hugged Tamtam and fell asleep.
***
“Dara unnie? Are u ok? Ur eyes are a little swollen.” Minji asked her as she joined them in the dining table. They had already had their shower.
“Yeah, I’m fine. I just, um, missed my mom.”
“Awww… Dara unnie, u need a boyfriend!” CL said and with that she sang the line “I need a boyfriend!!!”
“Me too!” Answered Bom.
“There you go again, I really wonder what Pres YG thinks about you two singing that. “
But CL just sang again and Bom answered again.
They all laughed.
“I think we should get Bommi unnie a boyfriend first,” Minji said.
“Yeah! Who do u have in mind,” CL asked.
“Hmmm…there's Kush oppa...Seoung Ho oppa...Tedyy oppa...”
“What? Teddy oppa?!! Are u crazy???" CL suddenly stood up and hit the table with both her hands. "Teddy oppa is mine!...Omo!!!” She turned around to face the cameraman, smiled her prettiest smile, and said “You’re not going to show that, are u? Please?”
The girls laughed and so did the cameraman.
“Aisssssssshhhh…” was all CL said.
Cmon, what’s the deal if they show it. The whole world knows! It’s not like u hadn’t slept with a tofu doll with his pic on it. C’mon.” Dara said.
“Ya ya ya… Fine.” She conceded. “Let’s eat. Enouh with this boyfriend thing."
Amen. Dara heard herself say. No more boys for me from now on. I'm gonna eat my ramen. I am gonna shower. I'm gonna work out. I'm gonna rehearse. And I am definitely gonna be just fine.
***



Download Hello mp3 for free on uploading.com

2 comments:

  1. Pretty interesting. You included real life events here. I'm gonna be a regular reader. :) -bbkaren

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehy.. it's me inimeg19.. will be spotting for a while.. will read when i don't have classes again.. thanks for sharing ur fic!

    ReplyDelete