Sunday, August 23, 2009

Part 2: In Or Out

Download Sandara_Park_-_In_Or_Out.mp3 for free on uploading.com



Dara positioned herself in the treadmill to start warming up for her daily workout. She brought her Ipod today as she planned to shut herself from everyone, at least she'd try, that is. She's going to work her butt off, make herself get so sexy and make GD drool over her flat abs and toned sexy body. She might just ask Seung Ho to fit her in a mini outfit for tomorrow`s DMA award red carpet. Oh yeah, bad girl on a loose right here.
She put the player`s mode to shuffle, pressed play and heard their song Let's Go Party. Nice, she told herself and started the treadmill. She hummed to it…"Lets go party, work that body, nega neomu geuriun oneul gateum naren…"
The next song was their remixed version of I Don`t Care. The thought of GD and the beat of the song unconsciously made her pace faster. I hate you GD, she said to herself. She didn’t want to be affected but heck, she is affected.
Dara closed her eyes. Let go, Dara, she told herself this time, forget that GD for now, just concentrate. She slowed down just as the song ended. She was warmed up now and prepared herself for a run. She started running when the next song that played was GD`s Heartbreaker. She rolled her eyes and pressed on to Next button.
It played their song Hello.
Hello yourself. You and your Y girl can just get lost.
She pressed forward again and this time her In Or Out song played.
“Oh, c`mon! You gotta be kidding me!!!” she screamed. This time everyone heard her. The other building heard her, as Bom would joke later.
The room stopped and all eyes were on Dara.
But she didn’t notice. She was occupied in finding and pressing Next once again when she lost her balance and tumbled on the floor -- face, legs, everything went down.
“OMO!!!”
“Dara, unnie!!!!”
***
“Aigooo, it hurts, you guys.”
They were gathered around her now after helping her to get a seat.
“Are you sure you`re okay?” Bom asked her.
“I am but my hair isn`t. Tie it up Chaerin, pretty please.”
CL did and suggested to have the trainer look at it.
“No, really, Im good. It just hurts, naturally but it`s all good. Don`t worry about me. Go on now, continue your work­out. Im just gonna rest for awhile before I join you back, yeah?”
“Just say if you need anything, unnie,” Minji offered, and the girls left her.
The Mnet staff stayed and continued filming her and Dara managed to smile at the camera.
“I hurt myself.. here,” she said holding her left ankle.
She took her phone and notebook from her bag. She tore strips of paper from her notebook and pressed them on her cheeks as if they were tears flowing from her eyes. She then asked the camera guy to take her picture.

GD went through his online accounts and it overwhelmed him to see so many encouraging words from fans posted in his me2day. He also saw in Cyworld that his friends all have his Heartbreaker album songs for their background music. Even Dara. His precious Dara has Heartbreaker, The Leaders, and Hello in her minihopy.
GD smiled. Just then he saw Dara update her me2day and quickly clicked on it.
He saw the pic with the message. “Aigoo! I hurt myself earlier. TT. Stupid Dara. Careless Dara.”
*
Lolli Lolli Oh Lollipop Lolli Lolli Oh Lollipop Nah that’s not how we do it..
Dara heard her phone ring and took a mental note to change her ringtone later. She didn’t even looked at who was calling when she answered it.
“Hello?”
“Ya…I saw your update. Why do you have to be so careless? You just want to look cute don’t you? I knew it, after you broke that trophy it won’t be long until you break your bones.”
It was GD on the other line.
Something is seriously wrong with you, isn’t it? Why can`t you just admit you`re concerned instead of this teasing shit you`re fronting. She wanted to say.
“Well, obviously, its not the treadmills fault so it`s gotta be mine. Is this why you called, to laugh at my clumsiness?”
“Yeah, coz, you`re so cute when you are. But hey, it`s not anything serious, is it?”
Dara did really sense him getting serious right there but something told her not to fall for it.
“I`m fine. You didn`t have to call. Really.”
There was silence between them.
“I want to see it myself. Anything I can get for you?”
“No, really you don’t have to. Besides, don’t you have rehearsal today? Don’t let me get in the way of it. Why don`t you just let Top come. I want dried mangoes. Thanks. Ummm, bye.”
She hung up.
Dara couldn`t believe what she just said. Dara, what have you done? She asked herself. Stupid. So stupid! She wanted to cry. She picked herself up to lock herself in the washroom but her ankle hurt. She felt helpless. She secretly wished for GD to come. But there`s no way that’s happening now after she rudely dismissed him. The nerve of her to act as if GD owed her something. The nerve of her to act as if she was his gf that he needed to woo.
*
GD couldn’t believe what he just heard. He`s sitting in his car at the car park of the building where 2NE1`s practice room is located. He called her while driving. He sure didn’t mean to ask her permission to visit her but her tone told him she doesn’t want to see him.
He got out. The building seemed taller now. The sun seemed hotter. Should he still go in?... In or Out?
*
“Hey, Ji, `sup bro!” Top greeted GD on the phone.
“Bro, wherever you are now, get your ass up, Dara is hurt. Why don’t you go see her now?”
“What? Is it serious?”
“Not really, I think. Just go see her coz I don`t really know. And bring mangoes. She`d like that.”
“Cool, I`ll do that. Thanks a lot Ji. I owe you. I`ll call you later then. Bye.”
*
Top found Dara being nursed by their trainer. They’ve now applied cold compress to her ankle.
“Hi guys, hi Dara. Heard you hurt your ankle.”
“Yeah, but it`s better now. They`re taking care of me.”
“I`m glad to hear that. I was worried…I mean, we, all of the boys were worried…so, yeah, uhm, they sent me here to bring you some dried mangoes. Thought it`d make you feel better…somehow.”
Dara wanted to melt. She could see the girls doing their best to keep their giggling from being too obvious. They are being filmed after all. Epic fail.
“Thanks. Ahh, my YG family is very sweet. Pres. YG, Jinu oppa, Gummy, Go Hye Sun, among others, they called and texted me to show their concern.” Dara said talking to the cam while showing the mangoes but it remained awkward as the others all just stood – smiling. Mum. Epic fail #2.
“Ok,” Top broke the silence, “I guess that’s it for me then. Will go now. Nice to see you girls…Dara… Get well soon.”
They said their anyeongs and Top hurriedly left them.
*
“Everything okay, Ji?” It was Shaun Evaristo asking GD on their rehearsal for his debut stage.
“Huh, yeah, everything`s cool, why?”
“Well, I just noticed that you missed a step there. Actually, it`s the third time now.”
“Oh, sorry man, uhm, guess i`m just really tired from the party last night. Can we just call it a day? We`ve been practicing for five hours now, anyway.”
“Sure, it`s your call. Ok.”
It was 30 minutes before YGtv aired and GD paced back and forth his room. He wanted to call Top but he`s unsure if he really wanted to hear about it. What if they finally did hit it off? Someone is so gonna nail his door and lock himself from the cruel world. Damn it!
There was a knock on the door and his mom informed him that Dara was waiting outside.
"Hi, Dara, come inside…don’t worry Gaho is asleep right now. I guess you really are okay now." He said looking at her feet.
"Yeah. Thanks. I told you it was nothing. And about earlier, i`m sorry for being a bitch. "
"Were you? I didn`t even notice."
They just smiled at each other.
GD raised his right fist and she hit it with her left. He thought of asking about Top but he stopped himself -the world is right how it should be right now.
"I think I left my red cap here. Have you seen it?"
"Yeah, actually, umma did this morning. I forgot to tell you. It`s in my room…hopefully Gaho hasn`t shredded it to bits. "
" Ah, youre bad."
"Oh, I`m bad? Didn`t you just admit you were a bitch to me?"
Some silence.
"So, why didn’t you just come in?"
"Huh?"
"I saw your car leave the building, Ji. "
"Ah...Why?...Well you said you didn`t wanna see me."
"I don`t remember saying that. "
"Well, it doesn`t matter. You asked for Top hyung."
"I was pissed, ok? You should`ve told me you were already there."
"Are you saying you really didn`t wanna see him?"
Dara felt guilty.
"Can I have my cap now? The girls will be looking for me and it won`t be long `til a cam follow me here."
GD took it from his room.
“Here, since you`re so worried about your fanboys finding you here in my place."
Dara felt like rolling her eyes but she wanted to play with him this time.
"What`s wrong with that. It sure is fun having them go crazy over me. "
Unlike she expected, there was no response from GD
GD saw her towards the elevator. Dara held the door inside.
"Anyeong."
"Anyeong."
"By the way, Blondie, you look bad. Tell Ms. Y to give you some love coz you look like you really need one. Hehe." She sure thought it was pretty funny and released the OPEN button.

GD stepped closer. "I can`t. She`d rather have her fan boys` love than mine."



Download Sandara_Park_-_In_Or_Out.mp3 for free on uploading.com

1 comment:

  1. OMOOOOOOOOOO!
    The last part.. that was unexpected!
    OMG! please update soon. hahha

    ReplyDelete